GigaPan has created this website to provide an online platform for high resolution panoramic photography users and fans.
Site-Directed Personally Identifiable Information; Our Uses Of This Information As a Site Visitor, we allow you to decide whether you wish to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information. Accordingly, we have structured our Website so that you may visit our Site, view high density panoramic photographs posted by our Registered Members and review selected information about our GigaPan products and Services, without revealing your identity or providing any Personally Identifable Information.
We will only share Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide to us via the Website with third parties as expressly disclosed in this section. We will not share it in any other way. We collect information from Site Visitors and Registered Members at different points on our Website and through our Services, and use this information as follows:
- 3.1 Registration Information; User Names. In order to participate in our Services as a Registered Member, we require that you complete a registration form. Our registration forms will specify the information which you must provide in order to enjoy the particular feature to which you wish to subscribe, which may include such items as (i) name; (ii) mailing address; (iii) birth date (for COPPA and eligibility purposes); and (iv) email address. Our registration forms may additionally request information, which you may, at your option, choose to provide or withhold. The registration process provides Registered Members with a user name and password, which allow them to gain access to the Website and Services to which they have subscribed. Our system relies on user names and any listed First and Last name as the public "identifier" for the particular Registered Member. If you wish to keep your First and Last name private, do not include that information in your account profile.
- 3.2 Protecting Your Password. Please be careful to keep your password private. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Use regarding suggestions for protecting your password.
- 3.3 Site Visitors Only Provide Anonymous Information. As indicated above, you may use our Site without registering or submitting any information to us. In that case, the only information we collect from your visit will be Anonymous Information that does not identify you in any way. Our obligations concerning, and permitted uses of, Anonymous Information are also set out below in Section 4.
- 3.5 Email Addresses. Both Site Visitors and Registered Members may wish to provide us with comments and feedback concerning our Site generally. By communicating with us for these purposes, you may provide us with your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information.
- 3.6 Questionnaires and Surveys. Our Website may allow Site Visitors and Registered Members to participate in surveys and/or questionnaires, which we may post on the Site from time to time. You are free to choose whether you participate in a survey or questionnaire. We may ask that, in addition to providing your responses, you also provide Personally Identifiable Information. In these instances, we use any information you provide to us strictly for the purposes for which you submit the information. Survey and questionnaire information may be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of this Site. We advise you to use discretion in including any Personally Identifiable Information that would enable a third party reviewing your response to link the response to you.
- 3.7 Use of Registered Members' Photographs in Promotions. We believe that our Registered Members' own experiences on the Site can often act as the strongest promotion for the Site and our Services. To promote and illustrate our Services and the Site, therefore, we may wish to post on our Home Page, and in other areas of the Site, the photographs of our Registered Members. We assume that Registered Members are interested in (or do not object to) publicizing their photographs and related content. If we have used your photograph or other information for these purposes, and you do not wish us to do so, please notify us as provided in Section 16 (Contact Us). If Personally Identifiable Information is involved, we will remove the information from our promotional material, within a reasonable period of time.
- 3.8 Informational Notices and Bulletins. Periodically, we may choose to send news, bulletins, marketing materials, or other information to Registered Members, and will use Personally Identifiable Information to send such communications. If we choose to undertake such communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving these communications as provided in Section 7 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
Anonymous, Aggregate Information. We use Anonymous Information to analyze the effectiveness of our Site, to improve our Services, and for other similar purposes. In addition, from time to time, we may undertake or commission statistical and other summary analyses of the general behavior and characteristics of users participating in our Services and the characteristics of visitors at our Site, and may share Anonymous Information with third parties, including Advertisers. Rest assured, though, that Anonymous Information provided to third parties will not allow anyone to identify you, or determine anything personal about you. We may collect Anonymous Information through features of the software that supports our Services, through cookies, and through other means described below.
- 4.1 IP Addresses; Logs. GigaPan may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information, which will be aggregated with that of other users in order to understand how our Website is being used, and for security and monitoring purposes. None of this data contains personally identifiable information.
- 4.2 Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to provide you with a tailored user experience and to make it easier for you to use a website upon a future visit. We may include cookies on our Website and use them to recognize you when you return to our Website. You may set your browser so that it does not accept cookies. Cookies must be enabled on your web browser, however, if you wish to access certain personalized features of our Services.
- 4.4 Click-Throughs. We may send email messages, which use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked simply do not click text or graphic links in the email, or notify us in accordance with Section 7 (Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out).
We Do Not Disclose Site-Directed, Personally Identifiable Information to Unaffiliated Third Parties; Limited Exceptions
We will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
- GigaPan Site Vendors. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information with these companies (collectively, "Site Vendors"). We will provide Site Vendors with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and we will not allow them to use your Personally Identifiable Information for any other purpose.
- 6.1 Question of Harm. We may reveal your Personally Identifiable Information to attorneys, private investigator organizations or law enforcement agencies if we believe (a) that you are in risk of harm from another, or (b) that you are harming or interfering (or will harm or interfere) with others or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms and Conditions of Use or otherwise violating legal rights.
- 6.2 Legal. GigaPan will reveal your Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information we will attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request, unless such notification is not permitted.
Changing or Removing Information; Opting Out.
- 7.1 Discretionary Account Information. To allow appropriate control over Personally Identifiable Information, you can access your account (after supplying your user name and password) to change or update discretionary information that you have previously submitted.
- 7.2 Opt-Out. If we choose to send to you bulletins, updates, or other unsolicited communications that are marketing-related materials, we will provide you with the ability to decline -- or “opt-out of” – receiving such communications. Instructions for opting-out will be provided if and when we determine to send you such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to "opt–out" of formal notices concerning operation of this Website, and legal and other related notices concerning your relationship to the Site.
- 7.3 Deleting Information. Finally, if you request, we will remove your name and all other Personally Identifiable Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Website and any associated Services. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
- 7.4 Parental Review. A parent of a Registered Member who is under the age of majority is entitled to review the information that we have collected from or concerning their child (or ward), withdraw their consent to our further use of such information, or direct the deletion of such information by contacting us in accordance with Section 16 (Contact Us).
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of personally identifiable Site-Directed Information you provide to us, and we take all reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Information. Our Site's password-protected section requires users to give us unique identifiers such as their user name and password. GigaPan employees are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. Additionally, we ensure that GigaPan’s Affiliates and Site Vendors’ security policies are at least as protective of your information as our policy. Moreover, we provide access to our databases containing Personally Identifiable Information on a need-to-know basis only.
Our security systems are therefore structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing information you provide to us. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Please understand, though, that this information should not be construed in any way as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail proof, the security of information provided by or submitted to GigaPan. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
Notice of Security Incident
If we detect, despite the safeguards set out above, an intrusion or other unauthorized access to or use of Personally Identifiable Information (an "Intrusion"), we will (i) notify effected users of the Intrusion if the information at issue is sensitive, in our discretion, (ii) deliver this notice by the means we deem most efficient under the circumstances (such as, for example, first class mail or email); (iii) use contact information for each effected user that is current in our files; and (iv) use commercially reasonable efforts to accomplish these steps and effect this notice in a timely manner. To the extent applicable law requires steps in addition to those specified above, we will under all circumstances comply with applicable law.
Participation by Children and Teens; Advisory
Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO WE KNOW ARE UNDER 13 TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR SITE OR SERVICES. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR SITE AND SERVICES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEASE REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Please understand that we cannot necessarily tell if a user is providing us with his or her true age.
Notification of Changes
- Further Resources If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, you should visit the following sites: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/index.html
- 15.1 "Advertisers" means a third party ad service provider or advertiser.
- 15.2 "Affiliate" means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with GigaPan, whether the control results from equity ownership, contract, overlapping management or otherwise.
- 15.3 “Anonymous Information” is information that does not identify you, and may include statistical information concerning, for example, your use of our Services, your access to works by GigaPan’s Registered Members, or the pages on GigaPan’s Site that you visit most frequently.
- 15.4 “GigaPan” means GigaPan.
- 15.5 "Intrusion" means an intrusion or other unauthorized access to or use of Personally Identifiable Information.
- 15.6 “Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, including your name, address, e-mail address, birth date, financial information, photograph, telephone number or any combination of information that could be used to identify you.
- 15.8 "Registered Member-Directed Information" means information you intend to provide or make available to other Members on the GigaPan Site.
- 15.9 “Site” means the GigaPan website.
- 15.10 "Site-Directed Information" means information that we collect from, and that you provide to us.
- 15.11 “Site Vendors” means companies employed by GigaPan to perform functions on GigaPan’s behalf, such as hosting or maintaining the Website, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, responding to and sending electronic mail, or other functions necessary to GigaPan’s business.
- 15.12 “Website” means the GigaPan website.
- 15.13 “Services” means the services GigaPan offers at the Website.
- 15.14 “Site Visitors” means casual visitors to our Site who do not participate in the Services.
- 15.15 “Registered Members” means the panoramic photographers and panoramic photography fans who are registered with the GigaPan Site.
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE.
Copyright ©2011 GigaPan. All Rights Reserved.