1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » What's in your bag?

What's in your bag?
Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 128

For the sake of the noobies that are just taking up GigaPanning, I thought it might be worthwhile for some of us that have been doing this for a while to “open our bags” and share their contents.

What do you carry beyond the imager, camera, batteries and tripod to make your Gigapan outings successful? It would also be useful to chime in with brands/types of tripods, batteries, etc.

nickerjo nickerjo
Total Posts: 1

Greetings: Since you asked. I have a fine art photo studio and am represented by three galleries in SC, two ithe Charleston Tourist Mecca area.I also do 15-20 show sayer including the Charleston Spoleto festival.

My primary body is a Canon 5 D MK II. ll of my lenses are L series going from a 17 – 40 to the 500 f4 lS.

I was intrigued by the concept and bought the Epic last week to test the concept. I used it with my Canon Elph to capture the first image. After my first awkward capture I am thrilled with the potential and look forward to getting the pro to support my usual gear. Although I believe the Epic will be best for international travel.

Please feel free to check out my first gigapan stitch on gigapan. Search for nickerjo. Also please feel free to visit my studio site,
Leaningpalmstudio.com.

All the best,

j. Nickerson

Tom Nelson Tom Nelson
Total Posts: 44

1. A plastic mirror to see the bubble level when the GigaPan is at eye level or otherwise in an awkward place
2. Small flashlight
3. Extra bubble level. Sometimes it’s easier to level the tripod before mounting the GP.
4. Homemade lens hood, a very efficient one

I’ve made several supports for the GP:
http://tnphoto.com/giga/

Tom

Forums» General Gigapanning » What's in your bag?