1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » Inconsistent light in stitch

Inconsistent light in stitch
beautifulmodule beautifulmodule
Total Posts: 1

http://gigapan.com/gigapans/106191

For some reason in my gigapan I am getting different shades of exposures. My camera was on manual mode all around including focus, WB, etc. Any ideas what might be causing this?

John Opie John Opie
Total Posts: 25

Light conditions can change quite rapidly, especially if you are dealing with relatively long exposures. Most often I see this when office buildings turn their lights on and off during standard maintenance or when advertising lighting changes. Bummer, but try it again at around 3 AM or so when there is less dynamics going on…

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 40

Looks to me like contrast enhancement going on, like with Canon cameras. The function in Sony cameras is called DRO. It should be disabled. See p 28 of the camera manual.

Dave

Tim Brown Tim Brown
Total Posts: 54

I ran into this issue on my canon dslr and fixed it by covering the viewfinder so the camera is only metering through the lens and not also through the viewfinder. Not sure when this is an issue, it was the first time I ran into it.

bkaylor bkaylor
Total Posts: 29

^^ For Canon users with a similar problem, David was referring to the “Auto Lighting Optimizer,” which can still function in manual modes. You can turn off the effect in the RAW software if you forgot it on the camera.

Also, some buildings turn their pretty exterior lights off completely at 12:00am to save power. I’ve had this happen a few times mid-shoot so you might want to check before/after.

Forums» General Gigapanning » Inconsistent light in stitch