1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » Panogear or Epic Pro

Panogear or Epic Pro
Flycam  Sonora Flycam Sonora
Total Posts: 1

Hi, im newbie in motorized systems… i was looking info about which equipment is better but i can’t find any comparission between those (panogear & epico pro)
I want your opinion, which equipment its better and why….. the only advantage i know from panogear is the panorama’s XML file export

Also im wondering why more people use epic pro over panogear….

Thanks

MediaPila MediaPila
Total Posts: 30

One thing is the software and other is the hardware.

The motoriced head is the hardware. I love the Gigapan EpicPro for the construct. Is the best. The con, is the weight but whit one big backpack of National Geographic you resolve this problem.

Then you need a software. Whit the epic pro you have the Gigapan Stitch. Its a good soft but simple. I use others like Autopano Giga.

Sorry for my bad english and i hope you understand me.

Regards

John Opie John Opie
Total Posts: 25

The really major difference is that the Gigapan is a self-contained system that only needs a camera attached to it. The Panogear is controlled from either an attached computer or tablet, require extra gear to handle the process.

Forums» General Gigapanning » Panogear or Epic Pro