1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » Remote Trigger ....

Remote Trigger ....
Art Pollard Art Pollard
Total Posts: 11

I’d like to be able to use the remote trigger to take individual shots of the panorama. Optimally, when the trigger’s switch is shut, I’d like the Gigapan to take pictures like normal. When the switch is open (and the photo/frame is finished) have the Gigapan advance to the next frame (if it isn’t already there) and then pause until the switch is closed again. This way I can make any focus adjustments needed as the shooting progresses.

Is there a way to do this? It seems as if the remote trigger is only good for starting a panorama — not doing a frame by frame shot sequence. I don’t have much use for using a remote trigger to start the panorama but I really would love to see a way that I can control the Gigapan unit on a frame by frame basis.

Is there a way that this could be put into a firmware upgrade? Or, is this already there and I just mis-read the manual somehow? Is there anyone else out there that would like to see this?

Thanks!

Forums» General Gigapanning » Remote Trigger ....