1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » Gigapan Setup and Questions

Gigapan Setup and Questions
rjharbin rjharbin
Total Posts: 1

I am very new here and actually don’t have the Gigapan in my hands yet. I’m deployed now in the Middle East, but in December I will be going on a trip and have some perfect settings to use a Gigapan. But I won’t get in practice beforehand, so I need some help on setup. I have a Canon 5DII and Canon 7D. 70mm-200mm f2.8 lense.

The main place I want to shoot is a mountain in Romania. At the chalet is a perfect setup and I believe a good place to set the tripod and get it going.

What are some things I need to think about?

Is there a step by step for dummies?

Cold Issues?

Time frame for shooting a panorama?

Setting for HDR?

Will I have issues with the white snow and the camera making everything to dark?

Would it be best to set to manual focus and infinity since it will be a mountain side?

Do you set the exposure and all settings to manual or what mode?

Thank you very much and I’m very excited to be in this new realm of photography for myself.
Rob

Forums» General Gigapanning » Gigapan Setup and Questions