1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » How to embed your viewer on your Zenfolio page

How to embed your viewer on your Zenfolio page
Alicia Hunt Alicia Hunt
Total Posts: 1

1. Once you have uploaded your gigapan(s) to GigaPan.com, on the detail page you will see under your image a link that say embed. When you click that a window will open with an iframe code that you copy and paste

2. Go to your Zenfolio account page in edit mode

3. On the left side, there are four tabs:
a. Photographs
b. Client Communication
c. Website Pages
d. Files & Resources

4.Click on the Website pages, then click the Custom Pages link

5. Once on the Custom Pages, click Create New

6. This will open up the Edit Custom Page section, where you can title the page, add META Descriptions and embed the code you copied in Step 1.
a. In the box below META Description, you will see the Content box. In this box you can see </>Embed.
b. Click on </>Embeds and a new window will pop up
c. Copy and paste the code from Step 1 in this box and click Insert Code in the bottom right of the window.
d. You can embed as many GigaPan images as you want to on each custom page.
e. Once you have the GigaPan image(s) that you want then you can either click Save and Preview or Save and Close.

7. We recommend that you Save and Preview the first time to make sure you did it correct.

bkaylor bkaylor
Total Posts: 29

I have added a few gigapans with this method, and if you modify the code you can expand the box that the viewer is in to be a certain percentage of the page width.

One problem is that the embedded viewer is not an “image” to Zenfolio; you can’t create a gallery of your gigapans because they are just embedded objects. You can add them as dropdown menu links on your main page, but if you have 30+ gigapans then you have 30+ drop down items, too many on a single list.

I might try creating small thumbnails of each gigapan, and putting the thumbnails on a custom page like thumbnail gallery. These could be grouped by category. The thumbnails would link to the actual embedded gigapan page, and the end result is a menu that goes like this:
Gigapans

→Architectural Gigapans
→Nature Gigapans
→→ (view the thumbnail page, click on the gigapan thumbnail you want to see)
→→→ Custom page with embedded view

Correct me if any of this is wrong, but I think to have an intuitive browsing experience on Zenfolio it will take some additional custom work.

Forums» General Gigapanning » How to embed your viewer on your Zenfolio page