1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » General Gigapanning » which is the best file format for printing and web use?

which is the best file format for printing and web use?
thomasge thomasge
Total Posts: 4

Hello!

I am quite new to gigapixel photography and I would like to ask which is the best file format to save my photos before stiching both for printing and web use.

I have a giga-panorama that is 5,5GB, psb format. To do it I stiched 258 photos. Each photo is tiff, 58MB, 300dpi. The result is satisfing for printing but really “heavy” for web use. Photoshop doesn’t let me save for web the psb file. Is there a way to make it “lighter” for web use?

thanks in advance for your answers and time
kind regards
Thomas

HaPe HaPe
Total Posts: 3

Hallo Thomas,

there are two options for using your panorama at the web:

1) Rescale your panorama (Photoshop: Alt + Strg + I) to a size, which is appropriate for the internet (for example 1800 × 300 pixel) and save it as a JPEG file, or

2) Upload your gigapixel panorama to the GigaPan platform and use the “embed” feature to integrate a viewer based version of the panorama into your website.

kind regards
HaPe

thomasge thomasge
Total Posts: 4

Hello HaPe,

Thank you very much for your reply!

Kind regards
Thomas

Paulin Halenria Paulin Halenria
Total Posts: 1

Hello

YOu can also use a viewer like KRPano to host it on your own web space if you have a website.
The following pano was made using a source image of 22962×9552 pixels and the result http://www.vue-360.com/P2/ is fast to display, keeping the zoom possibilities.

Forums» General Gigapanning » which is the best file format for printing and web use?