1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Upload » GigaPan upload from Linux

GigaPan upload from Linux
Alexander Shumakovitch Alexander Shuma...
Total Posts: 3

Hello,

Does anyone have any hints how to upload a panoramic image from Linux? I’ve installed a Windows version, but upload.exe crashes under Wine :( The image in question was created with hugin, if this matters.

Thanks,

- Alex.
Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

I’ve seen some mention of a Linux version, but I don’t remember in which context. Let me check around and I’ll let you know.

Ok, looks like the Linux version is not available, and there are no plans at this point when it might be. I’m not familiar which solutions you might use in place if Wine. However, here’s what i found, links below:

===
VirtualBox
Better for a lot less translates into the final client in this review, VirtualBox. Made by Oracle (acquired in its purchase of Sun Microsystems), this is a great VM client for Linux, Windows, and OS X.

Best of all, it’s free of charge.
===

http://www.itworld.com/virtualization/212245/de…

Thanks a lot. I’m aware of VirtualBox, but using it with Windows as a guest OS unfortunately requires buying a separate Windows license. I was hoping to find a cheaper workaround such as, perhaps, a browser-based uploader.

OK, I’ve tried to use upload.exe with an older version of Wine on my laptop, and this time it worked. I guess this is that cheaper workaround that I was looking for.

Thanks for listening :)

Glad it worked for you!

Alain Tuor Alain Tuor
Total Posts: 1

There should be a simpler way for linux users… either a crossplatform version (ie Java), or at least a web based solution, that would also be simpler to maintain for developers

Eric Constantineau Eric Constantin...

An uploader program for linux is mandatory for my workflow. Do you have an idea when it will be available ?
Thanks

Hendric Stattmann Hendric Stattma...

Dear Eric et al.
I can report that Wine 1.7.2 runs the uploader just fine!
Tested under OpenSUSE 13.1 with stock version of wine.

Forums» Upload » GigaPan upload from Linux