1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Group: Professional Photographers

Dfab5a42f4df1347076748d0b4aa6115

Professional Photographers

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Professional Photographers » Pricing - Jobs, prints, etc.

Pricing - Jobs, prints, etc.
Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 128

Anyone who GigaPans long enough will be asked to do a custom ‘pan, or to sell a print. Since the format is a bit out of the mainstream (unless you’re Peter Lik, of course) it could be useful to us all to have a focused discussion of what is being charged and offered in the marketplace.

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 128

I guess “How much should I charge for a print?” is as good a place to start as any. On a recent visit to Vancouver, BC I happened into this gallery: http://www.whiteoceangallery.ca/ that specializes in panoramas, usually in the form of ready to hang stretched canvas. There’s pricing and some very nice work on the site.

My overall takeaway (I won’t get into the quality of the printing – pet peeve) was that up to about 6’ wide they were charging approximately $100 per linear foot in the long dimension for stretched and coated canvas. It helps to have a simple rule of thumb if you get ambushed with a pricing request.

They seemed to be doing pretty well. Well enough at least to support a bricks and mortar gallery.

Forums» Professional Photographers » Pricing - Jobs, prints, etc.