1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Web Site and Forum » Replacing a Gigapan

Replacing a Gigapan
Gregory Young Gregory Young
Total Posts: 20

I just sent out a press release with links to some of my Gigapans. I now need to edit the gigapans and maintain the same links. How do I do this??

Ron Schott Ron Schott
Total Posts: 89

You don’t. Prepare to reissue that press release.

Ron Schott Ron Schott

Gregory – if you want to avoid this problem in the future you should consider creating a GigaPan Gallery and sharing the URL for that gallery. It’s no trouble at all to add and remove GigaPans from galleries.

Thus, if you need to edit a GigaPan at a later date you could just upload the edited version, add it to your gallery, and remove the obsolete one from the gallery. The same gallery URL in your press release now points to the correct and updated set of GigaPans.

sauvand coline sauvand coline
Total Posts: 2

and is it possible to replace my gigapan and keep the comments?

Ron Schott Ron Schott

Unfortunately, replacing an individual GigaPan on the website has never been possible. The best one can do right now is upload an improved version and link in the description back to the original. I’ve made it a personal policy not to remove older versions of my GigaPans if someone else has commented or made snapshots on them, but whether you choose to do the same is up to you. If I have a GigaPan that’s been updated but where the deprecated version hasn’t been commented upon or snapshotted I tend to simply make them private rather than outright deleting them. This could come in handy later on if I want to document how my stitching or shooting technique has improved.

Forums» Web Site and Forum » Replacing a Gigapan