1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Web Site and Forum » Can private images be included in a Gallery?

Can private images be included in a Gallery?
Planet Vision Planet Vision
Total Posts: 7

I’ve created my first gallery and am looking to add two private images (for now anyway). If you try to add it from the gallery, you can’t search for it to add it. If you try to add it from the private image itself (via the pull down box) the gallery does not exist.

Is this because the images and the gallery are both mine or would this work with someone else’s private image?

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

This worked for me just now:

a. go to your gigapan’s page,
b. click on “My Galleries” just under the snapshot’s bar
c. use the “Create a new gallery…” link
d. enter the Name and Description, and click Create
e. repeat a. and b.
f. your new gallery should selectable in the dropdown to “Add to Gallery”

You may have already tried this, but if not give it a shot. Either way let me know.
Planet Vision Planet Vision
Total Posts: 7

I’ve tried your suggestion by creating a new gallery in the method you described. I can add public gigapan images to both galleries but for private gigapan images, the dropdown only shows the check mark.

I noticed in your gallery that your image is public so that does not recreate the condition.

I did try to add an image to a gallery and then make it private. Once private the image no longer exists in the gallery to view and does not show on the edit screen as an image in the bottom table. So that is not the solution.

It is starting to look like their is no private image support in a gallery but that does not make sense since on the edit screen the images in the gallery are shown in the table at the bottom and there is a column to identify the privacy. If there is not public/private option in a gallery, why would there be a column.

I also do not understand the reason for a private link to a gallery if all that can be placed in them is public images. That does not make any sense at all.

It really can’t be this complicated?

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

My bad, you are right, private gigapans can not be added to galleries at this point.

It doesn’t seem like a bug, but let me get more info on this and I’ll follow up.

Forums» Web Site and Forum » Can private images be included in a Gallery?