1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Web Site and Forum » Why aren't Portfolios shown in My Galleries?

Why aren't Portfolios shown in My Galleries?
Ron Schott Ron Schott
Total Posts: 89

When I want to manage my GigaPan Galleries I naturally go to “My Home > My Galleries”. The problem is, one of my most important galleries “Ron Schott’s Portfolio” is not listed there, for reasons I cannot understand. My impression is that every user account has a default “User Name’s Portfolio” gallery, but very few people have discovered this or populated it. I don’t even remember how I first found my own, but the logical place to go looking for it is under “My Home > My Galleries”.

So I’d like to suggest the following…

First, each user’s (default) portfolio gallery should show up under “My Home > My Galleries”, even if they haven’t been populated yet.

Second, once a user has populated their portfolio, a link to their portfolio should be added automatically to the user’s profile page (with the option to opt out, if necessary for privacy reasons). Furthermore, once a user has populated their portfolio, I’d suggest that the default GigaPan images that show up on one’s Profile Page (e.g., http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/rschott) be drawn from the portfolio gallery rather than the user’s oldest images (as is currently the case).

And last, I’d like to be able to organize the GigaPans in my portfolio in a more granular way – I don’t think Explore Score should necessarily be the default organizing tool here. (I realize, however, that this request may require a bigger change to the way all galleries are handled – ideally I’d like this flexibility for all galleries – so I understand if it can’t be implemented quickly.)

[And another thing: I’d like to be able to edit the Forum title that I created but clearly didn’t proofread before hitting ‘submit’. D’oh!!!]

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

Good points on both Portfolios and Forum title editing. They do deserve some attention.

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

Ron if you give me your updated title, I will make sure it’s live even before the title editing feature is in place.

Ron Schott Ron Schott
Total Posts: 89

Just remove the “not”, please. Thanks!

Forums» Web Site and Forum » Why aren't Portfolios shown in My Galleries?