1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Web Site and Forum » Snapshots not working consistently

Snapshots not working consistently
Peter van North Peter van North
Total Posts: 8

Hi Angelko,

I can’t see an existing topic for this item, so it may me just me having the problem.
All my older gigapans (Pre site upgrade) still show snapshots in the usual way. These appear to all viewers regardless of the viewer being logged in or not (i.e. non-member viewers)
However the newer gigapans don’t present snapshots to casual viewers. I can see them when I’m logged in, but not when I’m logged out. Specifically gigapans 102528 and 110055 are examples of post upgrade gigapans that don’t show snapshots to non-member viewers.
Is this the new normal behaviours or a bug?

Hi
Just one more thing that might be relevant. If you are not logged in and you do a search via view —> Snapshots, the snapshots appear. Clicking on a snapshot then takes you to the gigapan and all the snapshots for that gigapan appear as you would expect.

Ron Schott Ron Schott
Total Posts: 89

Peter,

I’m not sure if this’ll address the issue you’re seeing, but there’s a poorly documented change in behavior regarding snapshots since the website was updated. All newer GigaPans have no default snapshot enabled until the owner goes into the GigaPan’s “Edit” page and proactively selects one (directly below the “Description” box). Until this is done, no snapshot is shown with the GigaPan in Gallery views or lists like “Most Recent” or “Most Popular”.

It’s a pain to have to do this by hand for each GigaPan you upload, and it’s a bigger pain that most people are unaware of it and therefore even when you make a snapshot on their GigaPan it doesn’t show up unless you’re looking for it.

Hi Ron,

I appreciate the suggestion, thank you very much.
I checked the settings and made the suggested updates not only to the default snapshot but also to the categories, dates etc.

Alas, it has had no effect. The default snapshot appears on the main page, but clicking the default snapshot or the main image itself still takes me to a page which says that “No snapshots have been taken yet”

I also did a test to see if adding a snapshot after the default setting was active made any difference. But unfortunately it did not.

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

Hello Peter,

Your gigapans at questions were marked as “Is Game”. For game gigapans, snapshots are visible only by the gigapan owner, and the person who creates the snapshots.

@Ron, good point on default snapshots.

Hi Angelko,

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.
That’s something to be carefully about checking with my future Gigapans

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

And thank you for your own patience Peter. Gigapan game feature is slated for a redesign. None the less, there should be some sort of messaging to inform you how using the existing feature would affect your snapshots.

Forums» Web Site and Forum » Snapshots not working consistently