1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Web Site and Forum » 500 Internal Server Error from GigaPan thumbnail link

500 Internal Server Error from GigaPan thumbnail link
Dan Sherman Dan Sherman
Total Posts: 3

In the last several days, I have frequently been getting a page that says: 500 Internal Server Error “We’re sorry, but something went wrong.” Usually reloading the page fixes the problem.

This seems to happen frequently when clicking on the thumbnails of individual GigaPans within a gallery.

For example, go to this gallery page:
http://gigapan.com/galleries/9176/gigapans

Click on the thumbnail image for one of the GigaPans. (Clicking on the GigaPan name link doesn’t usually give me a problem.)

Usually this gives me the 500 Internal Server Error page. If I reload the page, then the GigaPan loads.

I experience this same problem using Safari and Chrome on a Mac (OS X Lion – I have not upgraded to Mountain Lion yet).

Is posting on this forum the appropriate way to get this problem fixed, or is there a different way of contacting website support that is preferred?

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 41

I see the same error in my gallery.

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

Dan and David, thanks for the heads up. I think that the fix is already in testing, but I’ll double check.
=angelko

Dan Sherman Dan Sherman

Angelko,

Will this fix be deployed soon? I keep getting complaints from people that they are having problems with the links in my Galapagos galleries. I’m trying to show how GigaPan is a useful technique for environmental monitoring in Galapagos.

Thanks!

Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

A fresh fix was just applied address this issue where group gallery gigapan links were not rendering properly. Thanks for your patience.

Dan Sherman Dan Sherman

Angelko,

Thanks! Works much better now. Curiously, the thumbnail images from my 2 galleries disappeared. I uploaded new ones, so all is good.

Forums» Web Site and Forum » 500 Internal Server Error from GigaPan thumbnail link