1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Embedding » Non-Flash options

Non-Flash options
David Zakary David Zakary
Total Posts: 18

Im new here – awaiting delivery of my Epic Pro.

Are there any options for a non-Flash based gigapan (HTML5?)?

Eventually I’d like to show off images on an iPad. I tried getting the iPad app listed in the Community area but the App Store kept telling me that my request could not be completed.

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 41

David,

There was an app created by Microsoft Labs called Seadragon, but it was pulled from the AppStore. However, the underlying service to view without flash is compatible with Safari, so you can view any GigaPan by using the URL: http://gigapan-mobile.appspot.com/gigapan/refnum. Where refnum is the reference number you see at the end the GigaPan URL of your image. An example is http://gigapan-mobile.appspot.com/gigapan/49832.

Thanks for the info. Not sure why, but the link you provided doesn’t work on my iPad. Eventually I get a link to open in Seadragon – which not surprisingly fails.

Tried the mobile link on my iMac – the image displays and I can control it. However, right clicking on it tells me that Flash is still being used to display it. Seems to be part of the OpenZoom project, which says it is an environment used within Flash.

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 41

Safari handles this link differently depending on which platform you are using. On OSX it works as intended, with very nice pan and zoom using the Magic Trackpad. On iPhone only the zoom works and a banner appears saying you should use Seadragon (which I have). On iPad it displays only a black screen. Work on this viewing method seems to have stalled. :-(

Looks like Seadragon is gone. :(
A Gigapan app for iOS would be nice. Maybe one day.

Thanks for your help.

William William
Total Posts: 1

I just wanted to chime in an add my vote for a non-flash option. There used to be a GigaPan app in the app store, but it was removed. It’s supposed to be returning soon, though.

Forums» Embedding » Non-Flash options