1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Special-effects Gigapans » The transition of Venus against the solar disc.

The transition of Venus against the solar disc.
grzesczwa grzesczwa
Total Posts: 1

The 6 June 2012 there were very rare astronomical phenomenon which was the transit of Venus against the solar disc. In Czestochowa, Poland, you can observe the end of this phenomenon in the morning. To capture this phenomenon, I used a Canon 600, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM. While the lens focal length was set to 270mm-300mm.
Given that the sun moves across the sky from east to west I decided with this observation, that when I use the Gigapan panoramic head EPIC Pro. This allowed the head with their motors to maintain the field of view of the sun
Results of my work can be seen at http://panoramaczestochowy.pl/20120606_tranzyt_…

Sorry, I speak very poor English.

Best regards
Gregory

Terra-X_Photography Terra-X_Photogr...
Total Posts: 1

If you do not have a motorized astromonical tripod head on hand, but you have a Gigapan head, this works. I have try it while photographing the crescent moon.

Forums» Special-effects Gigapans » The transition of Venus against the solar disc.