1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Gigapan Mechanism » Few questions

Few questions
mskp mskp
Total Posts: 9

Hi!
I´m about to buy the Epic 100, having already one of the first and original beta heads.
1-Now I want to know if it is possible to use/adapt the battery holder as part of an AC adapter using the cables and the connector.
2-Somewhere I´ve read that the Nikon D90 can be used on the Epic100 with the digital shutter mode. Is that possible and how will it be connected. The plug of the remote port trigger cable that is listed under accesories is not the one for the D90.
Thanks for any help regarding these issues.

Regards, Martin

mskp mskp
Total Posts: 9

Hi!
Any hint regarding these issues?
Thanks,
Martin

Customer Service Customer Servic...
Total Posts: 67

Hello Martin,

1. We cannot advise on use of AC power sources for the Epic/Epic100 models as they were not designed to use such. However, we recommend a battery brand such as the Sanyo Eneloop. Another customer also found a satisfactory brand which he discusses at http://www.gigapan.com/forums/7/topics/34

2. The Nikon D90 IS compatible with the Epic 100 http://www.gigapan.com/cms/support/camera-compa… Epic 100’s optional trigger cable is an E3 connector; typically for Canon and a few Pentax camera models. The D90 would be triggered mechanically using the Epic 100’s button-pusher. The D90 is also compatible with the Pic Pro and would be triggered electronically with the accompanied Nikon MC-DC2 trigger cable.

Tom Nelson Tom Nelson
Total Posts: 45

I’m using PowerGenix nickel-zinc (NiZn) AA batteries in my Epic 100. They have a higher voltage and I use five batteries and a slug cut from a curtain rod in the GP battery tray. If the batteries are getting low, I’ll swap out the slug for another NiZn battery. NiZn’s have higher voltage (1.6v) than NiMH, do better in the cold and have a longer shelf life. They also are less toxic when recycled than NiMH batteries. I bought mine from Thomas Distributing but I know B&H also sells them.

Forums» Gigapan Mechanism » Few questions