1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Gigapan Mechanism » Epic100 limits?

Epic100 limits?
lucavascon lucavascon
Total Posts: 6

Hi, I was thinking about purchase of an epic 100, use with mirrorless cameras on high poles.
I will have to modify the head a bit to take the camera in portrait.
I’d like to know if I can manually set a program for the sequence (I will shoot with fisheye, 4shots looking down -15, one for the zenith. What are the hardware-software limits of the tilt?
Thanx.
Luca.

Doug MacDonald Doug MacDonald
Total Posts: 2

I know this is way too late but the Epic 100 is not going to do what you want. It uses a servo motor to actuate the camera and basically does the standard gigapan shoot and not much else. I’m not sure if the Pro would be flexible enough to shoot other than the prescribed basic gigapan shoot but the Epic 100 does not do anything fancy.

Nathan Wong Nathan Wong
Total Posts: 22

As far as I know you can’t do what you’re saying with either unit. They shoot in sequence but don’t do one here, three there, four here unless you put the units on manual and press the shutter buttons yourself.

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 138

Agreed. I have all 3 EPIC models as well as 2 different Nodal Ninja spherical heads and a pole. I can tell you from experience that the EPIC imagers are not suited to spherical panorama shooting. The camera doesn’t sit high enough, so the robot would cover most of the Nadir.

Tim Brown Tim Brown
Total Posts: 54

This might work better (when they finally ship in the fall)
http://www.panono.com/ballcamera/

Forums» Gigapan Mechanism » Epic100 limits?