1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Gigapan Mechanism » EPIC Pro Camera Mount Vice/Clamp and Foot

EPIC Pro Camera Mount Vice/Clamp and Foot
Johan Boom Johan Boom
Total Posts: 2

Last monday i did get a EPIC Pro Camera Mount Vice/Clamp and Foot.
But it is not possible to use it with a Canon EOS 1D MkIII and Canon EF 100-400mm. It is not possible to get the camera in landscape position! The Camera grip will bump to the tightening knob.
Does any one have a solution?
The Canon EF100-400mm Lens i use for 99,9% when i make panorama’s. But it will be the same with amy EF 70-200MM Lens.

Johan

Planet Vision Planet Vision
Total Posts: 7

Johan,

Does the camera fit between the uprights. If it does, I would position it at that location regardless of whether that is the center of the lens. Gigapan is not showing the accessories on the site right now so I can’t see what you might have for the vice/clamp foot but I believe that style lets you adjust side to side.

If you are shooting gigapans at 400mm you should not see any parallax. Maybe you can test on your current rig to see how bad the offset impacts stitching but at the higher focal lengths you should be ok especially if you don’t have foreground and background together. If you have all the parts and don’t have to buy anything extra, try it at all the focal lengths and see if it works.

Forums» Gigapan Mechanism » EPIC Pro Camera Mount Vice/Clamp and Foot