1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Gigapan Mechanism » EPIC Pro menu options

EPIC Pro menu options
HaPe HaPe
Total Posts: 3

Hallo,

right now I try to understand the different firmware options, offered by the Gigapan EPIC Pro menu.

What exactly is the benefit of the “Bracket Delay” option? As far as I understood, it effects the same as the “Time/Exposure” option does: It extends the time until the EPIC Pro starts moving to the next position. The “Bracket Delay” option was introduced to improve the timing for HDR series, but in fact it does nothing else than the “Time/Exposure” option. Instead of setting the “Bracket Delay” option to – let´s say 2 sec, I can increase the “Time/Exposure” option with the same value. Is it for quick switching between single- and multi-image panos without changing the options?

Thanks in advance!
HaPe

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" The Gigapanogra...
Total Posts: 107

This option is described here: http://www.gigapan.com/cms/manuals/epic-pro-int…

My reading of this is that the bracket delay is an extra delay you make the Pro wait for after each group of bracketed shots. So, eg, say you set up a pano with three levels of bracketing and set it running. The Pro will:

take three shots, move, take three shots, move, …

and so on. If you set bracket delay to 10 seconds and start the imager it will

take three shots, wait 10s, move, take three shots, wait 10s, move, …

and so on.

Forums» Gigapan Mechanism » EPIC Pro menu options