1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Epic w/ any Current Cameras?

Epic w/ any Current Cameras?
John Ellenberger John Ellenberge...
Total Posts: 6

I bought the Epic after convincing my daughter to give me her old Canon SD500. Unfortunately its just not the reliable anymore. I end up with missed shots on even a fairly small pano.

Support tells me I can’t use my Panasonic even though it fits and I’ve had some luck with the “pano mode” trick that somebody suggested in the General forum.

Are there any cameras that fit the EPIC that you can still buy new? I was hoping somebody could save me searching Amazon for all the cameras on the list.

Ok so I did the research myself and discovered that many of the cameras on the list are available albeit at pretty high prices. Seems to be a group of resellers that sell older cameras at above original list. The cheapest was the Canon A480 at $99 but it apparently has quality issues. And there is a Canon SX210 with a wide angle for $250.

One question is about where the listing stops. I see a Canon SD 1300 for $135 and a SD 1400 for $200 but the listing stops at SD 1200. Near as I can tell the 1400 is mostly smaller (a little wider) and it has AE-Lock. Why wouldn’t it work?

Any recommendations on camera selection would be appreciated as I was wasn’t expecting to be in the market.

After obtaining the Epic camera specifications from support I decided that the Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS which I bought in Costco for around $100 would work. It is the proper size, has the locking (WB, AEL, AFL) etc. Test shots seem to be clear. No warnings from the stitcher about exposure differences.

Forums» Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Epic w/ any Current Cameras?