1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Panasonic LUMIX FZ-150 on EPIC 100

Panasonic LUMIX FZ-150 on EPIC 100
Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 139

I’ve just picked up a Panasonic LUMIX FZ-150 to use with my EPIC 100, and am so far very pleased. It looks like it will be an excellent Gigapanning camera. Here are the reasons I bought it, in no particular order:

600mm optical zoom
Leica glass
standard 52mm filter thread (take that, Canon!)
additional zoom controls on the side of the lens (not just around the shutter button)
Focus button on the side of the lens (Set the camera to manual focus then press this to use AF once)
Zoom setting memory and manual focus memory (after you turn the camera off for a battery or memory card change)
configurable 3-shot bracketing
Uses SDXC cards
RAW
Ability to use a shutter cable (which is easily made if you can solder) rather than the button pusher

mskp mskp
Total Posts: 9

Hi, Mosley!
I´ve also bought a FZ-150 recently mainly because of its huge optical zoom and the capability of taking raw images as well as the remote control. Regarding this one do you have some specific procedures to share about the conversion of the shutter cable you have refered to? I have no solding capabilities, but will or could find one who has. I actually have the cable gigapan sells, but tried it and it does not work on this camera. What are the modifications that should be performed to make it work?.
Thanks for any hint.
Regards, Martin

You have to make an entirely new cable. Here’s a link to a forum with the schematic.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=…

I had to do some additional research to figure out the US eqivalent parts. I sourced them all at Mouser.com, except for the plug into the imager, which can be found at any hobby store that sells R/C planes, boats etc. That sounds odd until you consider that the button pusher uses a standard servo that’s also used in R/C planes.

I’ll post a shopping list and some notes this weekend when I have a few minutes.

Are you bummed that they just announced the FZ200?

mskp mskp

Hi, Mosley!
Thanks for your reply and link. My technical knowledge and understanding is not at the level of some of the information published in the link, therefore I hope you will have the chance to post the list and the corresponding notes.
Thanks again,
Martin

Here you go – this is about as clear as I can make it.

http://thehardyfamily.net/filechute/cable.png

mskp mskp

Hi, Mosley!
Thanks for your post and taking your time. For sure it is understandable now. Very clear and detailed.
Thanks again.
Martin

I Just noticed that the FZ150 has a lens center mark on the bottom of the body. It lines up perfectly with the diamond shaped cutout on the epic 100’s camera rail. I put a bit of while on mine so that it’s easy to see through the hole. It makes aligning the camera MUCH easier.

Bill Ragan Bill Ragan
Total Posts: 1

I have the Leica V Lux 4 and I am interested in a cable that I can use with the Gigapan. Is there anybody that would consider making one and selling it to me?

I think I have enough parts, but my soldering is anything but pretty. :-/

Forums» Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Panasonic LUMIX FZ-150 on EPIC 100