1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Fuji X-E1 remote connection for Epic100

Fuji X-E1 remote connection for Epic100
Richard Hackel Richard Hackel
Total Posts: 2

I would like to use a Fuji X-E1 camera with their RR-80 remote release and connect it to my Epic 100. I would like to think I could cut off the control end, and splice it to the end of Gigapan’s remote port trigger cable for the Canon. Does anyone know if this is a good idea or a bad idea to try? Or, will this Gigapan/Canon cable work directly into the microphone/remote release port on the Fuji?

Richard Hackel Richard Hackel
Total Posts: 2

Well, to answer my own question: Turns out that the Canon E3 trigger cable plugs directly into the remote port on the Fuji XE1 and works! I was cautioned by Gigapan that since they have not thoroughly checked it out that there’s a possibility that there is electronic incompatibility, but everything still seems to be working after many uses!
It’s great how much faster and steadier the system works without having to use the button-pusher. The only problem is that I’ve found I have to set the Gigapan to take photos with a 2 second lag since the camera can not keep up with processing the raw image files fast enough.

Forums» Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Fuji X-E1 remote connection for Epic100