1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Epic 100 with Nikon Coolpix P510

Epic 100 with Nikon Coolpix P510
Hamdi Guzelis Hamdi Guzelis
Total Posts: 3

I consider to by an Epic model in following months.
I checked the compatibility page. It says Epic 100 is compatible with my Nikon Coolpix P510.
But also Epic 100 technical page says “For a camera to fit on the GigaPan EPIC 100, it should be no more than approx. 148 mm wide (left to right) and 69 mm deep (front to back). The weight limit is 3 lbs.”
My camera dimensions are 119,8 mm x 82,9 mm x 102,2 mm. The weight is OK.

The other tech. spec. is zoom. My camera has 42x optical zoom.

So, i just want to be sure (before buying it) that if i can use my camera with Epic 100 in full zoom (42x zoom).

Customer Service Customer Servic...
Total Posts: 67

Your Nikon Coolpix P510 is compatible with the Epic 100 and yes, you can use it in full zoom. The measurements you reference are from older information and are not accurate. That specs page will be removed. Our apologies for the confusion!

Hamdi Guzelis Hamdi Guzelis
Total Posts: 3

Thank you for your interest and for the clarification on this subject.

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" The Gigapanogra...
Total Posts: 108

Can you really use a 42x lens at 42x on an Epic 100? I would have thought that the stepper motors were not accurate enough. Maybe you can add to this thread: http://www.gigapan.com/forums/8/topics/521

Customer Service Customer Servic...
Total Posts: 67

I’ve added to the thread http://www.gigapan.com/forums/8/topics/521, but adding here as well so it’s not missed by others:

Apologies for my oversite on that lens type. Correct, we don’t think it would work at full zoom. We don’t think there are enough steps in the motor to get correct placement for repeatably correct overlap. Our engineer is adding this to his “to do” list to find out what the smallest field of view our imagers can accommodate.

Forums» Digital Cameras on Gigapan » Epic 100 with Nikon Coolpix P510