1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Stitch » Officially released today: Version 2.0 of Stitch and Stitch.Efx

Officially released today: Version 2.0 of Stitch and Stitch.Efx
Angelko Krstanovic Angelko Krstano...
Total Posts: 103

If you already own Stitch, you should be getting an email with the announcement.

The new Stitch and Stitch.Efx are available here:
http://www.gigapan.com/shop/software

The installer is a free download, containing a full feature set of both Stitch and Stitch.Efx. If you already have a Stitch license key, you can continue to use the new software as an upgraded version. Additionally, you will have access to Stitch.Efx features for 14 days.

If you don’t already own Stitch, you will still be able to use all the features of the software as a trial for 14 days.

Cheers!

Paul Heckbert Paul Heckbert
Total Posts: 33

On 3/20, we released a small bug fix to Stitch 2.0. We expect this will be the standard version for several months.

If you run Stitch or Upload some time in the future, and you’re connected to the internet when you start it running, and you’re not yet updated to this version, you should see a popup window that says something like

“You are running an old version of GigaPan Stitch.Efx. The newest version for Mac is 2.0.0500. …”

or something similar for Windows. I suggest you download the new version and install it!

If you’re wondering “what’s the difference between version 2.0.0440 (or 0441) and version 2.0.0500 (or 0501)?”, the answer is:

Stitch versions 2.0.0500 (for mac) and 2.0.0501 (for windows) are a bug fix to versions 2.0.0440 and 0441. The differences are small:

• fixed a bug that made it difficult to use Save Projected Images in Stitch.
  • restored ctrl-left-mouse and right-mouse as ways to control zoom, in Stitch’s viewer (useful for users whose mouse lacks a scroll wheel).
  • splash screen displays for two seconds when Stitch is started even if user is still in 14-day Stitch.Efx trial period.
  • if opening a .gigapan file on Mac, and file references missing images, dialog box informing user appears on top of splash screen
    (it used to be hidden, and cause the program to hang).

-Paul
GigaPan Stitch Developer

Michael Gardner Michael Gardner
Total Posts: 2

I’m still confused. I go to http://www.gigapan.com/cms/shop/software and download both the stitch efx trial and the stitch 2.0 trial – I get two files, GigaPan-StitchEFX-2.0.0500.dmg and GigaPan-Stitch-2-1.0.055.dmg. Both of which contain the app: Gigapan Stitch 2.0.0500.app – no EFX file and when I run it, it clearly is only the Stitch 2.0 app – so is there an EFX trial or not?

tnx
mgg

Forums» Stitch » Officially released today: Version 2.0 of Stitch and Stitch.Efx