1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Stitch » Stitch 2,0 crashes

Stitch 2,0 crashes
Simon Harmsworth Simon Harmswort...
Total Posts: 2

Downloaded the new version and tried it out, but it crashes when I try and add images – the program just closes. Stitcher 1.0 works with the same 72 images. (4 rows)

Paul Heckbert Paul Heckbert
Total Posts: 32

We’d like to figure out what’s causing that, and fix it (assuming it’s a bug, as it sounds like).

Does it crash if you start Stitch 2.0 and then add a single image? If so, could you email one of your input images to customerservice AT gigapansystems.com, please?

Do your input images contain GPS coordinates in the EXIF header? (We’ve seen a couple of users encounter trouble in that situation).

thanks

-Paul
GigaPan Stitch Developer

Leonardo Fuica Babogredac Leonardo Fuica ...
Total Posts: 11

I have the same problem too, the program sais “Can’t find 42 of the 42 input images:
/Users/bla bla bla”
I dont know, i reinstall once. twice and nothing happens.
This problem dont have with the older version.

I remember that the problems started when the Stitch.efx end the trial.
¿Is it possible to download the previous version?

Simon Harmsworth Simon Harmswort...
Total Posts: 2

I tried again with the GPS data stripped from the images – NO crash. Gigapan stiched fine (apart from a weird stiching error but that’s nothing to do with this)

To Leonardo Fuica Babogredac:

Could you be more specific about what OS you are running on, how you started the program (e.g. double-clicked on .gigapan file), what you saw on screen, the exact wording of any error messages you saw, and how the program crashed, if it did, that would help me track down this bug.

I suspect that your problem is limited to Mac users double-clicking on .gigapan files that reference input images that have been moved or deleted.

Here is a workaround that will I think help you get past this problem, if you’re on Mac: start up Stitch by double-clicking on the application (e.g. in the Applications Folder, or through Spotlight), then do File and Open to open your .gigapan file. Please let us know if that helps or not.

-Paul
GigaPan Stitch Developer

To Paul Heckbert:

I use OS 10.7.3 and dont use .gigapan file.
I try to create a new gigapan, star program and select ADD IMAGES, i found them, select them and the message is:

Can’t find 496 of the 496 input images:
/Users/leonardofuicababogredac/Pictures/Viña del Mar Febrero 2012 Fotos/seleccionadas/enviadas/Gigapixel Castillo Brunett 14032012/0001.jpg
/Users/leonardofuicababogredac/Pictures/Viña del Mar Febrero 2012 Fotos/seleccionadas/enviadas/Gigapixel Castillo Brunett 14032012/0002.jpg
/Users/leonardofuicababogredac/Pictures/Viña del Mar Febrero 2012 Fotos/seleccionadas/enviadas/Gigapixel Castillo Brunett 14032012/0003.jpg

/Users/leonardofuicababogredac/Pictures/Viña del Mar Febrero 2012 Fotos/seleccionadas/enviadas/Gigapixel Castillo Brunett 14032012/0496.jpg

Jason Buchheim Jason Buchheim
Total Posts: 86

Hello Leonardo,

Try not using Unicode characters in the file path (ie. use vina instead of Viña)

Jason Buchheim Jason Buchheim
Total Posts: 86

Hello Leonardo,

Try not using Unicode characters in the file path (ie. use vina instead of Viña)

Incredible Mister Jason Buchheim, but only change the “n” instead of “ñ” in the file path and works fine.
Thanks so much Jason, thats the solution, simple but efective.

Leonardo Fuica from Chile

Thanks, Jason, you beat me to it! That’s the advice I’d give, too! We plan to fix the accented character bug in a future version of Stitch.

Leonardo: Jason takes some incredible photographs, too. See http://gigapan.org/gigapans/18003

Forums» Stitch » Stitch 2,0 crashes