1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Stitch » missing images

missing images
OANRP Monitoring Program OANRP Monitorin...
Total Posts: 1

I discovered that I have missing images in the middle of my panorama, but cannot retake them because the subject is part of a time series study. Is there any way to stitch the panorama with the area that had missing images simply blacked out? It doesn’t have to be pretty, I just need the surrounding imagery for data analysis.

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 13

If you know where/how many images are missing, it’s pretty easy. Open one of your existing images so that the size and resolution will match. Fill it with a solid color, and save as with a new name. add it to stitch and drag it into position in the image sequence. Repeat as many times as needed to fill all of the holes, and stitch. I honestly don’t remember if you’ll need multiple copies or if one can be added multiple times, but that will be obvious once you start.

Forums» Stitch » missing images