1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

Forum

Welcome to the GigaPan Forum!

This is the place for Gigapan.com members to offer peer-to-peer support for exchanging tips, ideas, comments, etc.

Those who need direct technical assistance with their GigaPan EPIC Series imagers, stitching software or gigapan.com membership account should contact us.

Forums » Stitch » RELEASE OF STITCH VERSION 2.1

RELEASE OF STITCH VERSION 2.1
Paul Heckbert Paul Heckbert
Total Posts: 32

Today we’re releasing version 2.1 of GigaPan Stitch, Stitch.Efx, and Upload. This version has bug fixes relative to version 2.0 to make it work better for foreign language users and photographers who record GPS.

In more detail, the changes in version 2.1.0160/0161 relative to version 2.0.0500/0501 are:

• Upload no longer crashes the first time you run it (this was happening in rare circumstances).
  • Stitch and Stitch.Efx no longer crash if the input images contain GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude).
  • Stitch, Stitch.Efx, and Upload are now better internationalized so that they can work with filenames and gigapan descriptions that contain non-Latin, non-ASCII, Unicode text. In the past, Stitch sometimes failed to open a file or crashed when dealing with non-ASCII text. Examples of characters and languages that are now supported are accented characters, Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and any other language whose characters are part of the Unicode standard. The places where such names or text can be used include: folder names, file names, upload titles, upload descriptions, tags, user names, and passwords. In a nutshell, anywhere that non-ASCII characters might be used, they now work.

To get the latest version of Stitch, Stitch.Efx, or Upload, go to http://www.gigapan.com/cms/downloads

As usual, if you have a license for GigaPan Stitch or Stitch.Efx, updating from your current version (2.0 or earlier) to the new version (2.1) of the same software product is free. Plus, there’s a 14 day free trial of Stitch.Efx for anyone (those who have a license for Stitch or those who have not purchased a license). GigaPan Upload is free, as always.

For questions or feedback, contact customerservice@gigapansystems.com

-Paul
GigaPan Stitch Developer

Luca Chemello Luca Chemello
Total Posts: 5

Hi (sorry for my bad english I write from Italy)
I’m trying to beat the bigger image, and found a High place in Venezia, so I start to take my gigapan with first step of 170 degree with 2688 photo 4mb average. Well Stich start with no problem, start at night and in the morning is at 2%, now after 14 hours is still at 2% (checking resource stich is working with 25% of cpu usage) I try to close and restart my pc (running w7 64b with 8 gb of ram, but still same 2%, today I see new version, I download and start… and after 13 hours still 2%)
It’s is ok ?
Whats wrong ?
Thanks for help

Luca Chemello

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 40

Luca,

I don’t think anything is wrong and I think it will take a very long time. As long as the process still has some CPU usage it would appear to be still working on alignment. My largest pan thus far is 1859 images of 18Mpx each. Here are the times using the older v1.0 of stitcher on a 2.9GHz i7 Mac:

Computer stats: 12288 MB RAM, 4 CPUs
Total time 13:39:41 (26 seconds per picture)
Alignment: 11:54:41, Projection: 24:14, Blending: 1:20:46
(Preview finished in 12:50:50)

Alignment takes the majority of the time and yours will take much longer owing to 800 more images than mine and may also take longer based on the content of the images.

Dave

Thanks!

After 3 day I’m now at 6% here is the work in progress
http://flic.kr/p/cVFti3

and the gear used
http://flic.kr/p/cRkYQL

David Pivin David Pivin
Total Posts: 40

Luca,

Very nice gear. However, in looking at your progress screen shot, there appear to be some lighter photos in the sky that would indicate you are not totally on manual. This will end up looking bad in the result, giving a blotchy appearance to the boundary between sky and buildings and also in the higher spots in the sky. Check your top row in that picture, 9th frame from the left. It is lighter than the ones on either side. Also, third row down, 3rd and 6th from the right side are both lighter than their neighbors. Before you invest in the time and effort in the BIG one, you should troubleshoot this problem. It is something strange if you are on full manual aperture and shutter speed.

Dave

Sorry for long delay to reply, well you are right, next time I’ll fix the time, But if I have a large amount of sky (light) and huge amount of sea (dark), if I make the timing and the aperture fix, I have strange result ?

Mosley Hardy Mosley Hardy
Total Posts: 129

Luca:

I notice that the sky around the tops of the buildings looks different too. You may need to turn off the Auto Lighting Optimizer in your camera settings – it’s related to the DIGIC processor in your camera. Look at this old thread (if clicking on the link doesn’t work, copy and paste it into a browser) http://forum.gigapan.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=736

By the way, I love Venice – what’s the Italian word for ’Jealous"?

Forums» Stitch » RELEASE OF STITCH VERSION 2.1