Comments on Gigapan: Bryce Canyon from Sunset Point

1. Meng Foo Choo

Meng Foo Choo (June 22, 2009, 08:24PM )

Are you able to add your file to the Google Earth 4.2 version. You can do it from Gigapan.

2. AutoMateUser

AutoMateUser (December 02, 2008, 06:55AM )

Yes, I had to reduce the image about 65% to make it small enough to upload with Gigapan's uploader.

3. Ron Schott

Ron Schott (November 30, 2008, 12:41PM )

Well, it seems like you're doing everything right, so I'm at a loss to explain the failure. I've only used the GigaPan Stitcher for my own GigaPans, so I can't really compare it to AutoPano Pro (though I'm eager to try their GigaAutoPano Pro product when it's ready for prime time). I'd recommend giving the GigaPan Stitcher a try. You may need to rename your input images in order to get them to align nicely in GigaPan Stitcher since I'm pretty sure the AutoMate robot shoots in a different sequence than the GigaPan robot. You want the files to be numbered consecutively starting at the top left, increasing as you move down the first column, and then working down each successive column moving to the right. I suspect if you can get over having to rename the original images you'll enjoy GigaPan Stitcher's ability to deal with large stretches of blue sky - I notice the image above is rather truncated at the horizon, presumably because AutoPano Pro has troubles where it lacks control points.

4. Ron Schott

Ron Schott (November 30, 2008, 11:20AM )

Assuming your image is saved as RGB, 8 bits per channel, interleaved, which version of the Gigapan Uploader are you using? Also, have you tried stitching your image with the GigaPan Stitcher?

5. Ron Schott

Ron Schott (November 30, 2008, 11:02AM )

I think I can solve your problem. To upload a GigaPan in Photoshop RAW format you need to append the file dimensions in the title. So if your file was 'bryce.raw' with a width of 100000 pixels and a height of 20000 pixels you'd want to rename it 'bryce_100000x20000.raw'. There's a more thorough discussion of the Photoshop RAW upload requirements here: forum.gigapan.org/viewtopic.php?f=1 1&t=187&p=1006&hilit=raw#p1006

6. Ron Schott

Ron Schott (November 29, 2008, 07:25PM )

Seems your pixel count doesn't agree with the website's. Did you upload the full panorama? By the way, it's a great image. Very sharp, even when zoomed fully in - just like you'd expect from a DSLR.