Comments on Gigapan: Gigapanus Interruptus...

1. Ron Schott

Ron Schott (June 19, 2009, 05:33PM )

When you go into 'Last Panorama' one of the first things it asks you is where to start. By default it moves you to Row 1, Column 1. Simply move with the right button until you are at the desired starting column (and/or use the down button to move to the desired starting row). The panorama will resume from there and, as long as your camera is set to the same settings as the original panorama, you can resume seamlessly and nobody will be the wiser.

David Engle (June 19, 2009, 02:30PM )

Ron, an interesting suggestion you have, but how? For instance, I have a 90 column GigaPan and I inadvertently stop at column 45. How do I return to column 44? I have tried this several times without success :(

The Gigapanographer Currently Known as "Kilgore661" (June 19, 2009, 01:27PM )

Hugs, John. I have done this far too many times including one occasion where I had been shooting for 40 minutes - and I didn't know about the Last Panorama trick ... For what it's worth, it sounds like you are using a Beta. On the Epic 100 (an I presume the Epic) you now have to confirm quitting, and you have to use different keys so it goes X to pause, X to quit, OK to confirm. The last key press being OK has saved me many times because a third X makes the imager resume panning.

4. Ron Schott

Ron Schott (June 18, 2009, 06:27PM )

As it turns out, the interrupted GigaPan (accidentally aborted) is actually one of the easiest mistakes to recover from. Just go to 'Last GigaPan' and resume where you left off. (Duplicate a column or two if necessary in case you forgot exactly where you stopped.) This fix won't solve the annoyed wife issue, unfortunately.

David Engle (June 18, 2009, 04:19PM )

Clever title :) This has happened to me a number of times and the most recent is this of Angela: www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id= 23497 (taken with a Canon SX110). My problem is beautiful women and whenever I create a successful Gigapan with a woman in it, I count it as a lucky star, but actually it only occurs when I have nerves of steel :) My favorite GigaPan Snapshot: www.gigapan.org/viewGigapan.php?id= 12460&snapshot_id=37960 (taken with a Leica D-lux 3).

Tom Nelson (June 18, 2009, 02:59PM )

I feel your pain, John. I've come close to doing the same thing a couple of times.