Comments on Gigapan: Hanauma Bay

1. Pravin

Pravin (November 08, 2014, 07:37AM )

<a href='http://www.omgtop5.com/top-best-free-ph oto-editing-photo-glid-apps-android-phones/' rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>photo snapshot</a>

2. pashminu

pashminu (November 02, 2012, 04:41AM )

This is just awesome. I would love to offer this service to my clients. Check out by industrial photography work here: www.digitalstudio.in/factory-photo graphy.htm Will open in
a new tab or window

3. sara andy

sara andy (August 01, 2011, 10:34AM )

This serious eye candy! go4download.com/HP-LaserJet-1010-d rivers Will open in a new tab or window

4. ind1g0

ind1g0 (May 06, 2010, 06:45AM )

Great Job!

5. triopetra akoumiani

triopetra akoumiani (June 24, 2009, 03:06AM )

triopetra.tk Will open in
a new tab or window/ super

6. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (April 30, 2009, 10:50PM )

Floris, I hope you try to take a 1750 frame (at ~650mm) gigapan of a major tourist destination and NOT have any movement, be it waves, people, or clouds. You don't have to like it - just understand the conditions under which the panorama was taken, EARLY in the Beta phase, too. I took it SPECIFICALLY to push the limits of the stitcher so that the GigaPan Team could improve their program. I paused the GigaPan unit on many occassions, but too many people were passing through - but, that's just part of the process, and the fun.

7. floris van der zwan

floris van der zwan (April 30, 2009, 02:20PM )

Hi, i know all comments seem to love this. I think it's awfull. the foreground is a mishmash of mediocre stiches. Tons of errors and ghosts. Sorry, not impressed.

8. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (November 27, 2008, 04:21PM )

Paul, The image was stitched using the dedicated GigaPan stitcher. If you took your panorama with the GigaPan camera mount, then it should stitch just fine using the GigaPan stitcher. So far, after much experimentation with other software, it's the only program capable of stitching large areas of sky, or other solid color. If you use a tripod/manual pano-head combo, or shoot hand held, good luck. AutoPano Pro V2.0, due out, hopefully, by the new year, should be able to accomodate large areas of sky/solid color. In the meantime, you might try Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor) - it's a free download, or the photo-merge capability of PhotoShop CS3. Also, try looking at the AutoPano Pro forum, and, if you have the GigaPan unit, the GigaPan forum; you might find more help at one of those venues. The Comments section on individual gigapans is not the place for this kind of discussion. That said, I hope one of my suggestions bears fruit for you. Aloha, Richard

9. paul bruneau

paul bruneau (November 27, 2008, 03:55PM )

i would like to know what program you used to stitch the image please. because im trying to sitch an image but there are pictures that are only sky and i havnt been able to find a program that can handle it. thank you

10. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (November 26, 2008, 08:49PM )

Paul, Please elaborate on your question. Do you want to know what program was used to stitch the image, or what program was used to take out the banding?

11. paul bruneau

paul bruneau (November 26, 2008, 04:46PM )

does any body know what program he used (or program i should use)??? i have full sky pics so i need to be able interactively move the images thanks

12. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (October 03, 2008, 10:19AM )

Eric, I use 8 &amp; 16 Gigabyte SDHC cards with my Canon S5-IS, and save the images at the highest resolution .jpg, since this camera does not support RAW images. This panorama filled one 8 GB card. The gigapan was stitched at the Carnegie Mellon University research lab at the NASA center in Mountain View, California. Judging from some of my other gigapans, the stitching took at least 18 hours.

13. eric condette

eric condette (October 03, 2008, 01:40AM )

Hey folks, i want to know what kind of Memorycard you have used to realise such kind of image with 75x25 8 Mpixel images? And maybe you can tell me how long the stiching prozess have taken? I hope i get my GiganPan next Week Best regards from Germany Eric

14. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (August 31, 2008, 01:12AM )

Scott Telstad, an intern at CMU West/NASA Ames in Mountain View, CA, used PhotoShop to remove the banding on the fully stitched, 5.92 gigapixel image. He then cropped it to the current 5.63 Gigapixels. BTW, the fofs tag stands for "Fine Outreach for Science", a grant to CMU given by the Fine Family Foundation of Pittsburgh for the initial beta testing of the GigaPan by scientists using the unit in the field. I was lucky enough to have been selected as one of the first seven recipients of the GigaPan unit.

15. Rohit Mordani

Rohit Mordani (August 31, 2008, 12:47AM )

AWesome - 5.63 gigapixels made my jaw drop to the ground !! Good job - how did you guys fix the different exposures issue?

16. Payam Rahmani

Payam Rahmani (May 29, 2008, 09:30AM )

What "fofs" mean? (your tag)

17. Rich Gibson

Rich Gibson (May 21, 2008, 12:24PM )

I also want to know how you cleaned up the exposure differences! I think cleaning up my images before stitching is my next big gigapan frontier.

18. Richard Palmer

Richard Palmer (May 21, 2008, 06:20AM )

This panorama is 25 rows x 70 columns. I used the Canon Powershot S5-IS at full zoom plus the 1.5X tele-extender. The entire image took nearly 2 hours to shoot. There were lots of fun conversations with Hanauma Bay visitors, though. :^)

19. Markus Krueger

Markus Krueger (May 20, 2008, 09:37PM )

wow, very impressive! How many images did you take to get such a high res??

20. Illah Nourbakhsh

Illah Nourbakhsh (May 20, 2008, 10:02AM )

I want to know how you cleaned this up. Wait, I'll ask you the day after tomorrow!