1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar


SANTA CATERINA DEL SASSO BALLARO by Vittorio Ghelfi

Want to add this gigapan to your favorites? Log In or Sign Up now.

Log In now to add this Gigapan to a group gallery.

About This Gigapan

Toggle
Taken by
Vittorio Ghelfi Vittorio Ghelfi
Explore score
1
Size
0.17 Gigapixels
Views
1242
Date added
Nov 07, 2010
Date taken
Nov 07, 2010
Categories
 
Galleries
Competitions
Tags
Description

Perpendicular to Lake Maggiore, the Monastery is composed of three distinct parts, placed along a rocky ridge. Through the front gate you enter the southern part of the monastery and walk along an
arcade with a beautiful view of the lake. A little yard housing a wooden press dating from 1759 leads you to the “conventino” and then a church of Romanesque origin. The building has a peculiar
structure, the result of the fusion of three chapels which were once originally separate.The paintings are beautiful, in particular the ones from the 14th century in the church and in the Capitular Hall.
According to the legend the monastery was founded by Alberto Besozzi of Arolo, a loan-shark who survived a shipwreck by intercession of Saint Catherine of Alexandria in 1770 and retired to a
hermit’s life on the Sasso Ballaro. The three chapels built in subsequent times soon became the destination of pilgrimage and the place itself was considered miraculous. The miracle of the beginning of the 18th century is well-known: five enormous rocks fell on the church but they were entangled in a chapel’s vault and hung there for almost two centuries, until 1910. The monument faced ups and downs over the centuries, between splendour and decadence, until its abolition in 1769. A long period of carelessness and negligence followed, finally stopped by a long restoration which also allowed the return of a monastic community.

Перпендикулярно к озеру Маджоре, Монастырь состоит из трех отдельных частей, расположенных вдоль скалистого хребта. Через ворота вводе южной части монастыря и прогулка по
аркада с прекрасным видом на озеро. Мало жилья дворе деревянный пресс знакомства с 1759 ведет вас к "conventino", а затем церковь Романского происхождения. Здание имеет своеобразную структуры, в результате слияния трех часовен, которые некогда были первоначально separate.The картины красивы, в частности те из 14-го века в церкви и в зал капитула. По преданию монастырь был основан Альберто Besozzi из Arolo, кредита акулы, кто выжил кораблекрушения на заступничество святого Екатерины Александрийской в 1770 году и ушел в
отшельника жизни на Сассо Ballaro. Три часовен, построенных в последующие моменты времени вскоре стало местом паломничества и место само считается чудом. Чудо начале 18 века известно: пять огромные скалы упали на церковь, но они были опутаны в хранилище часовни и повесил там на протяжении почти двух веков, до 1910 года. Памятник перед взлетами и падениями на протяжении веков, между роскошью и декаданса, впредь до ее отмены в 1769 году. Длительного периода беспечности и небрежности следует, наконец, остановился на долгое восстановление, которые также допускается возвращение монашеской общины.

垂直于马焦雷湖,宝莲寺是由三个不同部分,以及放置的 罗基里奇。从前门走进寺院的南部,沿着 一 商场与湖泊的美丽景色。一个小院子里的木制房屋,从1759年代新闻
带你到“conventino”,然后是罗马式教堂的起源。该大楼有一个奇特 结构,融合了三个教堂一度被原本separate.The结果 绘画是美丽的,特别是从14世纪的教堂,在那些 牧师会厅。
据传说,寺院是由阿尔贝托Besozzi的Arolo,一个高利贷谁 幸存的圣凯瑟琳亚历山大在1770年代祷海难和退休到 隐士的生活对萨索Ballaro。在随后的三个时期建造的教堂很快成为
朝圣目的地和本身被认为神奇的地方。的奇迹 在18世纪初,是众所周知的:五个巨大的石块落在了教堂,但他们 纠缠在一个小教堂的拱顶,挂了近两个世纪,直到1910年。纪念碑
面对风风雨雨数百年的辉煌和颓废之间,直至取消其在 1769。粗心和疏忽的长期其次,最后由一个长期停止 这也使恢复了寺院回报社会。


Gigapan Comments (0)

Toggle Minimize gigapan_comment
The GigaPan EPIC Series, Purchase an GigaPan EPIC model and receive GigaPan Stitch complimentary

Where in the World is this GigaPan?

Toggle

Member Log In