Go to page:

1. Willem Viljoen

Willem Viljoen (November 04, 2013, 08:56AM )

Thanks for the effort! we all love it!

2. Gene Naftulyev

Gene Naftulyev (October 25, 2013, 09:43PM )

Looks very good at low zoom, but last 2 levels of zoom are almost useless... I wonder if it's the lens that does not have enough resolution or too much processing of images? Either way smallest discernible pixels look like they are at 3 levels from maximum zoom. On smaller Panos they are usually 1 level from max zoom.

3. ROBSON LUIZ

ROBSON LUIZ (June 20, 2013, 09:54AM )

fei tiang hao

4. Per Hoffmann Olsen

Per Hoffmann Olsen (December 28, 2012, 06:12PM )

This is awesome sh*t, keep up the good work.

5. Sui xuming

Sui xuming (February 14, 2012, 01:15AM )

I can not contact you now, contact me by email or phone.

6. Sui xuming

Sui xuming (February 03, 2012, 03:20AM )

how to supply power for the take pictrues. because long time take pictures will a lot of batteris, Is tigger?

7. Alfred  Zhao

Alfred Zhao (October 24, 2011, 02:07PM )

Just post a few more images, you may find them at www.gigapan.org/profiles/27638/ . A sister image to the Shanghai Skyline is www.gigapan.org/gigapans/90577/ (Beijing Residential Area). I also put a great wall image at www.gigapan.org/gigapans/90650/ .

8. Alfred  Zhao

Alfred Zhao (July 02, 2011, 07:31PM )

I recently post 14 new panoramas taken in Hawaii. www.gigapan.org/profiles/27638/

9. Thomas Hayden

Thomas Hayden (July 02, 2011, 11:07AM )

Alfred, I just want you to know that I show this image to people everyday on my iPhone, and I get gasps everytime I zoom in on the car's license plates and read the brand of AC units in the apartments. People love it! That's the bottom line. Congrats and thank you for the great work and great sales tool for my own imagery. Cheers!

10. PatagoniaPano

PatagoniaPano (April 09, 2011, 03:09PM )

re

11. BH7 NLJ

BH7 NLJ (April 02, 2011, 09:44PM )

很想知道您在处理这张照片时的电脑配置 谢谢

12. Thomas Teske

Thomas Teske (March 31, 2011, 10:53AM )

Hi, this is an enormous achievement as such. my question is: what's the ambition to go further and further in the number of images, since we obvious hit limits due to the available time to consider it being ONE session on location. My understanding is: this will lead to either much faster image capture requirements OR to a new idea: instead of doing everything to get the light conditions homogenous during a session - why not allowing it to change radically and thus show in ONE stitched image the lapse of time and changes in light conditions. This could be also done using individual images stitched later on like in time-lapse. The new firmware if EpicPro supports this and I'm looking forward finding first examples. Briefly: discovering the opportunities provided by EpicPro and the tools is still in progress - we can all still discover something new here. Kind regards Thomas

13. Loren Peterson

Loren Peterson (March 27, 2011, 06:33AM )

Great accomplishment. One thing I have been struggling with is getting good image quality when using either a 400mm with 2x extender or a 200 mm with a 2x extender. Because many panoramas need an extended DOF I've had to stop down to f32 or even f45 to get all the foreground and background sharp. Because of this I've had to use a slower shutter speed and high ISO resulting in poor image quality. I shoot with the 7D BTW. What settings did you use for these shots? Also I have considered shooting left to right and pausing to adjust focus as the rows move down. Have you tried this at all? Once again great work!

14. Alfred  Zhao

Alfred Zhao (February 16, 2011, 04:00AM )

chtseng, You really need to brush up your geometry. The overlap region is still in the picture, they are not simply gone. Therefore, the way you calculate the image size is completely wrong. People will be laughing at your post.

15. Tseng Cheng Hsun

Tseng Cheng Hsun (February 14, 2011, 08:02PM )

hi Alfred sorry, I think the correct arithmetic should be: 12000 * 18M * 0.25 = 54G pixels because there are 4 regions (top, bottom, left & right areas) need to be overlapped. Which means, 1 photo only contribute 1/4 area for the panorama if overlap ratio is 0.25.

16. Alfred  Zhao

Alfred Zhao (February 14, 2011, 07:49PM )

chtseng, Don't take it as an offense, you will need to catch up some basic geometry. Based on your model, the number should be 12000 * 18M * (1 - 0.25) * (1 - 0.25) = 121.5 G pixels. A more accurate estimation is 112G pixels. The discussion in this thread is about should people alter experiment data or not. Different model may yield different estimation, therefore, estimation should not be used to manipulate output. Anyway, I had enough discussion with a lot of people already. BTW, gigapan uploader does not have problem reporting the uploaded pixels. This is a known fact.

17. Tseng Cheng Hsun

Tseng Cheng Hsun (February 14, 2011, 05:27PM )

hi I think that GigaPan uploader has error on calculating the pixels for images stitched by autoPano Giga software. if photo's overlap ratio is 25%, then actually only 1/4 center area is used ( deduct top, bottom, left & right , each has 25% overlap). 12000 photos x 18000000 pixels x 25% is 54000000000 pixels, about only 54 Gigapixels.

18. Vanessa Constanti

Vanessa Constanti (February 03, 2011, 11:05AM )

So engrossing! I wouldn't want to visit a city again without first exploring a Gigapan.

19. Alfred  Zhao

Alfred Zhao (January 20, 2011, 06:52PM )

The un-cropped version is also uploaded and can be found at gigapan.org/gigapans/e2d7089560f22b decf8a3715ea65f762/ . The upload is intended to help testing the new gigapan uploader.

20. Alfred  Zhao

Alfred Zhao (January 09, 2011, 01:38PM )

关于PTGUI,在做大图的情况下,基本上是不可行,Gigapan的自带拼图软件可以拼接2000张或以 下的图片,更大的需要用Autopano。无细节的图片,由于拍摄顺序,可以直接放到它相对应的位置上,我 提到的这两款软件都能做到。至于购买Gigapan,你可以直接在Gigapan的网站上定,他们可以发货 到中国,不过你可能需要能直接付款到海外的信用卡。或者你可以请海外的可以信赖的朋友帮你定,然后寄给你。