Log In now to add this GigaPan to a group gallery.
Log In now to add this GigaPan to a gallery.
About This GigaPanToggle
- Taken by
- David Douglass
- Explore score
- 0.83 Gigapixels
- Date added
- September 07, 2008
- Date taken
- September 06, 2008
Canon Powershot G9
This is the Eastern hotel atrium end of the Orlando International Airport (MCO), in Orlando, Florida, USA. The hotel is currently a Hyatt. Millions of tourists pass through the airport every year on their way to the hot vacation spots in the Central Florida. From the world class theme parks like Disney World, Universal Studios and SeaWorld to the ocean cruises that depart from Port Canaveral just 40 miles to the East, to the beautiful warm beaches that line the Florida Coast, it is said that this area is the world's #1 vacation destination, and for many, the airport is the first taste of Florida as they step off the plane.
Some notes on this image:
- Due to the somewhat low light in the terminal atrium at the time of day this was taken I had to shoot at ISO 400 which unfortunately added to the digital noise in the picture. I decided that a high enough shutter speed was essential though since I didn't want all the people blurred. To me, they are the most interesting part.
- Due to the motion and activity in the atrium you will find many, many instances of 'ghost' body parts. It's kind of fun trying to spot them all :-)
- Look for the fat little kid in the yellow outfit. He was all over the place. Airports can be boring places to hang out.
- In the lower right you will see part of the official Disney Store, hence the wall of Mickeys. Each of the theme parks has a specialty store in this area, however they were under the overhang so are not visible.
- The security screening area is directly underneath where the camera was positioned. The view looking toward the section is a lot nicer due to the four glass elevators of the hotel, but they don't let you take pictures of the screening area for security reasons, and rather than be hassled by police I opted for the somewhat boring wall.
- This image is composed of 154 individual images were stitched together from a Canon PowerShot G9 12 Megapixel camera set to full 6X optical zoom.
GigaPan Stitcher version 0.4.2735 (Windows)
Panorama size: 830 megapixels (36951 x 22467 pixels)
Input images: 154 (14 columns by 11 rows)
Field of view: 90.8 degrees wide by 55.2 degrees high (top=24.7, bottom=-30.5)
All default settings
Original image properties:
Camera make: Canon
Camera model: Canon PowerShot G9
Image size: 4000x3000 (12.0 megapixels)
Exposure time: 0.0166667
Focal length (35mm equiv.): 207.7 mm
Digital zoom: off
White balance: Fixed
Exposure mode: Manual
Has subsecond timestamp: no
Horizontal overlap: 36.1 to 45.5 percent
Vertical overlap: 26.3 to 36.2 percent
Computer stats: 3070.82 MB RAM, 2 CPUs
Total time 3:19:01 (1:17 per picture)
Alignment: 16:05, Projection: 15:10, Blending: 2:47:44