- Most Popular | Most Recent
The 21m high stone Grand Canyon Desert Watchtower was designed by architect Mary Colter in 1930 for the Fred Harvey Company. Opened with a lavish, highly publicized dedication ceremony, the Watchtower opened in 1933. Located at the eastern end of the south rim of the Grand Canyon. The building sits out on a promontory ...